'By Khorne, Xefoer. Your intrudence in this affair is welcome, yes, but Urlock Guar will not be happy with your interference in this operation. We've sacrificed enough, both literally and metaphorically to this operation to have it changed so quickly.' Rar spoke anxiously, trying to raise his voice, but not too much to anger the towering World Eaters lord, who stood clutching the heads of several guardsmen, examining each. His helmet had four protruding tusks, and animal like-jaw at the main vent. His eyes were a yellow glow, contrasting against the deep red of his armour.
'Grota Rar, we are all Khornes servants. His will is above all over matters, even those concerned by Urlock Gaur, a man I respect very much, even more so were he one of my battle-brothers. The artefact you have discovered is of great importance to my Legion, and I intervened on both our behalfs. You do not have the offensive capacity to carry on such a campaign, and in all honesty, nor do I'. The huge World Eater strode to the bridge, his two power-armoured bodyguard staying put, both intimidating the normally fearless Magister.
'You see, my loyal servant, Khorne decrees that we both work together. Are we not followers to His will, and the cracks in the Dam of Blood which will break? The artefact, it is priceless to my master. And as you know, he is not to be denied. If he deems it nessecary, he will intervene. Of course, such an occurence will require a suitable...sacrifice. Fitting, to stand in the shadow of the Great One, the Lord of my Legion himself?'. Rar raised his voice, as a little child would when speaking up in class. 'But Xefoer, Gaur asks that this be a Blood Pact operation...' he spoke, his voice declining in fear. Lord Xefeor turned, facing the cowering officer. His lightning claws hummed to life, cracks of energy shivering around the rusting blades.
'My dear friend. I have served millenia in His service. I have personally been the end to millions of these pathetic humans. I was at the Eternity Gate when Horus breached the Palace. I was on the ship when the Great Traitor was destroyed. I witnessed Sanquinius break the back of the greatest Bloodthirster to have ever lived. And what we are planning here...is a reccurence of these events. Abbadon, the prophesised reincarnation of Horus the Fallen has ordered the forces to collect a number of...items for his cause.'
'But...Lord, you said this was of concern to Angron?' Rar claimed in a scared manner, clearly disturbed by the two massive berserkers on either side of him. Xefoer sighed, and walked towards the Officer, who cowarded like a dog in front of the Lord. He then kneeled to eye level with Grota.
'If only you could comprehend what this means for our forces, Rar. This artefact will put Angron back into realspace. He has been trapped in warptime for a very long time, and has grown impatient at Abbadons' pathetic attacks on Imperial Space. Abbadon is misguided, and far too blinded by his anger to manage to coordinate an effective attack. And as of yet...the Black Legion have yet to attack this planet. And I have plans for this system, of my own.' the Lord growled, standing back up.
'Soon, three will collide, iron upon steel. But to lure this Storm of Iron, one must...prepare. Order your troops off the Planet, Rar. I have done the same.'
'Erm...why?' the Blood Pact officer spoke up, disheartened by the World Eater's change of thought.
'Because I have a plan, one which will turn this war in our favour.'
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.